Monday, December 29, 2014

the skull on the mantlepiece . . .

dark rooms
shattered, cobwebbed, window panes
and
a blood-red sky beyond
with the sun embedded 
like a lost pearl
in a lava sea.

claustrophobic mountains

screaming at the clouds,
"get away, get away"
and all around the souls of lovers
crucified like scarecrows 
on the withered branches 
of dead trees.

my world 

where the only truth 
is loneliness
the only warmth, the fever
of intoxicated
insomnia
and the only eyes
the detached eyeballs in the fishtank
floating
like sluggish spirits
among the weeds.

i ventured out

a couple of times before
i still do
occasionally
but each time return to find
the dracula teeth a little sharper
the head
a little more
like the skull on the mantlepiece
my friend's
ogling at life with a grin.

the time is drawing near

when you fill find another skull
on the mantlepiece
ogling
at life
with a grin.

will you then

dust the cobwebs
from the sockets of my eyes . . . . . ?

2 comments:


  1. Thank you for post and your blog. My friend showed me your blog and I have been reading it ever since.Latest Tamil News

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for post and your blog. My friend showed me your blog and I have been reading it ever since.
    Two Set Point Temperature Controller | Laboratory Hot Air Oven | Humidity Chamber

    ReplyDelete